Evolution of Personal Style with Happy Stylish Fit

Sunday, March 20, 2016 nakedlydressed 0 Comments


Around two weeks ago I did collab with my fellow blogger and also friend about our personal styles and I got such a good feedback from it I thought why not make series out of it. So you will be seeing more articles like this about personal styles from different bloggers get excited. I already made plans with view great bloggers and you will read all about them soon on our blog. If you are a blogger and you might also be interested in sharing you story just contact us. Anyways I met Jannine on one bloggers facebook page and had great time doing this collab with her. She is great blogger and it was so nice meeting her and working with her and now let's talk about her style

About the blogger:

I'm Jannine, the girl behind Happy Stylish Fit. I'm in my early 20's ,working while finishing up my school and blogging at the same time. I live in Vancouver Island, BC and I'm part completely girly girl and part outdoorsy girl. I am obsessed with all things fashion and beauty, while loving every chance I get to hike with my dogs and bf  or go camping with my friends. I spend way too much on the internet and in my closet/makeup drawers and I love any chance I get to hang out with my friends and go to concert. 


How would you describe your personal style today?

I have a very mixed style that depends strongly on my current mood. Some days I can be very girly other times rocker, sometimes bohemian and other times business girlboss. I think it is very important to dress how you feel and not to care about what other people think. I love layering jewelry and using accessories to tie an outfit together. I try new things constantly and gravitate towards mixing colours and patterns. 

I am constantly overdressed and am a firm believer in that I always rather be overdressed than underdressed. As much as I love dressing up and I also love my sleep. To keep this balance I prep all of my outfits right down to my jewelry and other accessories. Once every couple of weeks I play in my closet and make complete outfits. It gives me a chance to try new things and put thought into my outfits, rather than tossing things together as I'm running out of the door too late to realize I'm wearing 2 different earrings- true story!!!

How has your style developed over the years?  What phases has your style gone through?

My style has constantly changed as I've tried new things and grown into myself. I've always been a huge fan of fashion and trying new things. In early high school I was a rocker/grunge type kid constantly wearing ripped jeans with coloured tights underneath, with well worn oversized plaid shirts. I also had a huge thing for ties-ties as belt, bags or even sewn into a skirt. I've always tried new things and had fun with fashion and eventually evolved into the more polished look I wear now.

How does your style represent your personality/attitude?

My style directly represents my personality and my mood. I'm generally a happy and energetic person, and that reflects with lots of colours and light fabrics. I'm also a strong, independent woman, which can be reflected in my more rocker looks or girl boos looks. If I'm feeling fierce I definitely dress it and the same goes if I'm feeling mellow.


Do you have any memorable fashion moments?

I have 2

1. My friend had pair of black baggy pants with lots of straps and things hanging of them (this was when I was junior in high school) and I loved them. She told me where she got them, but they were view months old. I went to search for them with my mom and I found them! When I found them I was literally shaking, I was so excited. Both my mom and I will remember this moment forever and I try to remember it to remind myself to only buy items that I love. If I don't love it, I'm not going to wear it often.

2. The first time I shrunk something I love. One year during my back to school shopping I got these amazing striped Dickie's pants that fitted me perfectly. Somehow they shrunk! I cried and cried and cried for probably 2 or 3 hours. I was so sad, I had barely worn them. This is when I truly learned to take care of my clothes and now I take care of my clothes more than anyone I know.

Which designers/brands/celebrities (or people you know) have inspired or influenced your personal style?

I can't think of any designer, brand or celebrity that has inspired my personal style. I like to constantly absorb inspiration from everywhere and I am influenced by nearly everything in some way or another. 


Five of your favourite brands/stores to buy from?

1. Forever21
2. Winners
3. Shop Dixi
4. Charlotte Russe
5. Showpro

What are five of your most prized garments, shoes or accessories in your closet right now?

1. Beige suede booties with an outer with some fringe
2. Light pink faux leather jacket
3. Mermaid blue clutch wallet
4. Brown fringe purse
5. Stacks of silver rings

If you could have dinner with one designer, alive or dead, who would it be?

Lauren Conrad, not only do I love her style, but I think I could learn so much from her.

What inspired you to start blogging?

I've thought about it on and off for years. After signing up for digital marketing program and when it required an online project I finally decided to take the plunge and give it a shot. I'm only 3 month in and I'm loving it!

How did you decide on the name of your blog? How does it represent you, your style and your personality? 

The original name that I wanted was "My Mermaid Life", but sadly it was already taken. I decided to go with "Happy Stylish Fit" because it encompasses everything that my blog is about, inspiring your women to be their most happy, stylish and fit self

Do you have any advice for your young readers about style?

Dress for you and for how your clothes make you feel. Don't dress for a guy or to fit with friends. Experiment as much as possible. Try new things and get outside of your comfort zone. We all have an awkward phase and you will never get it just right the first time around. Have fun and discover your new favourite outfit combinations and unique way of wearing an item.

I think from every fashion blogger you can learn a lot about their style, but also a lot about fashion and how you can develop your style and be yourself with fashion without trying too hard. Every fashion blogger has at least one thing in common and that is not being afraid to try new things and just being different from others. All of us have different styles, but this is how we show who we really are. I love working with different bloggers and reading about their stories and even I am learning a lot. So I want to thank Jannine from Happy Stylish Fit I had a lot of fun working with you and hope we can work together again

Here are here links

Blogpost
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest


  

0 comments: